True self-sufficiency is about you providing for yourself or your family without public assistance. Meeting needs. Well-being. Education and training. A living wage. Employment. A career.
Get help on all these matters with the Self-Sufficiency Services program offered through emPower™.
The focus is to move people off financial aid. Each person works with a our Self-Sufficiency staff to achieve their individual goals.
The services in the program include:
- Heat and energy assistance
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Connecting with local resources
- Energy efficiency and waste reduction
- Financial literacy education
- Long- and short-term budgeting and financial advice
Improve your life and learn how to become self-sufficient by working with emPower.
Apply online for emPower‘s Michigan Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) Self Sufficiency Plan.