Help When You Need It Most.
emPower™ works with you, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and your utility and/or fuel provider(s) to find ways to help pay your heat-related energy bills while you strive to become self-sufficient.
At emPower, we want to help you meet your needs, achieve your potential and reach self-sufficiency so you can make positive changes in your life.
We are working to provide help across Michigan for 2018-2019.
These are the steps to discover success by gaining emPower’s assistance through our Self-Sufficiency Services:
- Complete and be approved for Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ State Emergency Relief (SER) assistance; apply through MI Bridges
- Choose TrueNorth Community Services as your referral partner
- Get contacted by emPower to start your self-sufficiency journey
Do you still have questions about emPower and its Self-Sufficiency Services?
- Call us: 231.355.5880
- Reach out to us on our online Contact form
You can also find heat and energy assistance options through Michigan Propane Gas Association’s HeatingMyHome.org website.
MI Bridges connects Michigan individuals and families to a range of state and local resources, particularly Michigan Department of Health and Human Services benefit programs, to promote household stability.
You can apply for emergency energy assistance through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services either online through the MI Bridges portal at www.michigan.gov/mibridges or with a completed paper application accompanied by supporting documentation and dropped off at your local MDHHS office.
Assistance is available through State Emergency Relief and the Michigan Energy Assistance Program.
The application can be submitted:
- At MDHHS offices: http://www.michigan.gov/ContactMDHHS
- By mail: Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, P.O. Box 8123, Royal Oak, MI 48068-9985
- By fax to MDHHS offices: http://www.michigan.gov/ContactMDHHS
You can also find your nearest MDHHS location by calling 855.275.6424.
You can print out an MDHHS Assistance Application (all 20 pages) below.
Get more instruction on applying for benefits, managing your case and exploring resources through MI Bridges by watching the video below.